Wednesday 20 February 2019

Chutes

It's that time of the year again.. Chute repack time! Now settle down. I know it's an exciting thing, and everybody loves it and does it every year like they're supposed to.. But, all joking aside, it's a necessary evil. If the unthinkable ever happens and you're spiraling and/or plummeting towards terra firma you'll be thanking your past-self for deploying, preening, and repacking your underfluffies when your chute opens. Unless you get tangled in your equipment, but that's another reason we train to throw.

The A-Team met up at Nick's hangar again to get our goods repacked before the Nationals in April. And, like last year, it was fairly uneventful. Ilya hates repacking, Max has a new helmet camera, Nick hates BBQ chicken pizza, and I discovered that I have a newly developed vertigo. I don't recall having the same issue last year but I'm hoping the lightheaded/dizzy spell was just from spinning in my harness. I'll find out in Florida.

On a positive note- I was able to get my chute out of my harness this year. Last year my shoulder was still jacked and I wasn't able to pull it free from the container. For months now I've been doing my meal planning and split-workouts from when I was competing. In addition to the self-esteem boost and endurance in everyday life, it's helping me with the flying side of the spectrum. It builds confidence knowing I can muscle my wing around better. It’s human nature to work on the things that we are good at but to be successful you have to focus on the flaws as well.

Plus, yoga pants.



No comments:

Post a Comment